Monday 17 October 2016

Top Fibro Fives

When I first heard the word Fibromyalgia spoken by my doctor, I thought 'Oh yeah, I've heard of that! It's that aches and pains thing.'

I went home. Googled it. And fell into a deep dark hole.

When I finally managed to escape from the hole (with help from my doctor, counsellor and friends) I decided to find out as much as I could about it - good and bad - and do something to help myself feel useful again.

There was so much information out there, at first I didn't know where to start but eventually I managed to boil it down to this. My starting point!

Here are my Top Fibro Fives - Five things we should all know so that we all have a starting point on our journey of self discovery.


Top Five Symptoms

  • Pain
  • Anxiety
  • Concentration and memory problems
  • Depression
  • Fatigue
As we are all aware there are far more symptoms but most fibro sufferers will have experienced all of these.

Top Five Helpful Natural Supplements or Creams
  • Vitamin D3
  • Fish Oils
  • Magnesium
  • Capsaicin
  • Co-enzyme Q10 
Always check with your health practitioner before taking any supplements or using any creams as, even though they are naturally occurring substances, they can interact with other medications or conditions.

Top Five Natural Treatments
  • Yoga
  • Meditation
  • Counselling
  • Acupuncture
  • Reflexology
Always check with your health practitioner first and make sure you only use qualified professionals who are familiar with our special needs.


Top Five Essential Oils
  • Lavender
  • Marjoram
  • Chamomile
  • Ginger
  • Black Pepper
Always ask for advice from a qualified professional before using any essential oils.

Top Five Foods that Help
  • Oily Fish
  • Nuts for eg, walnuts and almonds
  • Vegetables especially raw
  • Lean good quality meat and protein
  • Water
The key here seems to be to keep it simple and natural. Although not strictly food, I have included water as it is essential for every cell in our bodies.

Top Five Foods that Hurt
  • Sugar and products containing sugar
  • Products with gluten, especially made from white flour 
  • Aspartame
  • Caffeine
  • Dairy Products
As we can see, the more processed the food, the more harmful to us.

Gentle hugs

Related Articles

No comments:

Post a Comment